Friday, July 20, 2007

Not going anywhere!

Ye gods have conspired against me!

I've just discovered that the Oxford canal is now closed and the red boards are up on the Thames! The Waterscape stoppages site records the following:

Stoppage: Navigation closedThe Oxford Canal is currently closed due to flooding.
There is widespread flooding on the Oxford Summit including Napton and Claydon and heading south towards Oxford.
Police have closed some schools and roads in Banbury.
All boats are advised not to cruise until the situation is brought back under control.
British Waterways have put control measures in place to manage the water.
We will advise users once the canal is safely navigable. (Enquiries: 01827 252000)
Looks like I'm staying put for the foreseable future and thi smay put paid to any visit to the K & A. Typical - all year, I've been looking forward to this trip and now it looks like the great British weather has thwarted me. I'll check in the morning and see if I can head off anywhere or not!

2 Comments:

At 5:15 pm, Blogger Chas and Ann said...

Hi Andy, You passed Moore 2 Life on your way in to Braunston. Hope you found some space! The tunnel is closed and the Kennet at Reading. Our ropes went tight last night as the water rose by 6 inches! If you can find room there are some good places for food!
Regards Chas n Ann

 
At 9:14 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

I am so sorry! Now I feel bad. Do you know, I thought I saw you but couldn't be too sure. Todays blog entry will update you as to my whereabouts! Best regards.
Andy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home