Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Weekend walks

Better late than never! This is the weekend post. The weekend saw some lovely weather on Saturday but the day was too busy with coal runs, cleaning, Christmas card writing, present buying and wrapping etc. On Sunday the weather was not quite as good but I did manage finally to go out for a walk and investigate the new towpath along the Oxford canal outside All Oaks Wood. A jolly smart job too as these pictures show.
The evening saw a glorious sunset over the marina.
Friday saw an internet crisis. My Ticalli modem packed in - it refused to switch on and no lights lit. I phoned them expecting a new modem to be sent out immediately. 40 minutes later and the guy in the Indian call centre informed me he would have to escelate it to the next level. Apparently the process is that another guy would ring me back and go through the same checks in case anything had been missed, then an engineer would be sent out to check it and the line, then a new modem would be sent out to me. Not surprisingly, I told them not to bother and rung Orange. They signed me up and told me my new equipment would be out by Monday and working immediately. Monday came and went and no equipment. I phoned and was told it was due to be sent out for connection on 21st December. I hit the roof - again!! I am now running through my very slow Orange dongle until my new equipment can be sent out and got up and running - is noone competent in this world any more!!??


2 Comments:

At 5:01 pm, Anonymous Nomad said...

Maybe it is an issue with internet providers in general. My 3G vodafone dongle stopped working recently and Vodafone admitted it was a problem with their end. After nine days, their solution was to offer not to charge me while they worked on the problem. Like I was going to pay for a service that wasn't going to be provided?
I switched companies at that point and for half the price went from a 1GB plan a month to unlimited high-speed access.

 
At 6:06 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

I think they seem to have forgotten that there are plenty of other companies out there now and competition is fierce!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home