Saturday, December 05, 2009

Feeling Christmassy!

After the stress of surviving Ofsted last week followed by the school discos last night, this morning was a relatively lazy day. I had to pop in to school this morning at 11.00 for an hour as we took part in the Tree O'Clock attempt to break the world record of the most number of trees planted at the same time across the country! Our effort planting 2 trees hopefully helped!
I then came home and began catching up with the many tasks oustanding on the boat: pump-out, water, (I haven't filled up for over 2 weeks!), hoovering, cleaning, washing etc.
I then decided it was time ofr Christmas to start so I put up the lights on the outside of the boat:
My little fibre optic Christmas tree was looking very sad so I decided it was time to buy another one. A quick visit to Homebase confirmed they had sold out so I decided to see what 'real' ones they had! I fell in love with such a cute little potted Norway Spruce - only about 2 foot high. £20 later and I had a tree, some lights, one strand of tinsel and a few baubles - doesn't it look fine!?
I can now start feeling Christmassy as I begin the endless cycle of Christmas concerts and shows at school this coming week.

6 Comments:

At 12:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THE LIGHTS OUTSIDE LOOK FANTASTIC, WHAT A GREAT CHRISTMAS FEEL. I JUST LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR.

 
At 4:06 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

They twinkle and everything you know!!

 
At 6:46 pm, Blogger D Baynham said...

Yo Ho Ho Merry christmas

 
At 6:07 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

...and a mery Christmas to you too Davie!

 
At 8:51 pm, Anonymous Debbie said...

Your little tree is so cute, hopefully you will be able to use it again next year. I wonder how much bigger it will be then?

Best Wishes Debbie Nb Tickety Boo

 
At 6:21 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

That's the idea Debie - I plan to use it year on year until it gets too big! I may be biased but it is rather cute. People were pointing at me as I carried it through Homebase saying, "ahhh, that's so cute!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home