Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hail and cars


Another weekend almost over. Friday evening my brother came to visit with Tally and Shilah. It was Simba's first opportunity to meet Shilah and hey seemed to get on very well. I fell in love! I have to say, she is so cute and effectionate! We had a good evening sampling the delights of 'Hogs Back Brewery'! Saturday morning and a trip to Rose Narrowboats was in order to collect someone from the marina who was having a bottom black before Steve departed and I was left to set about the chores and muse on the Mitsubishi Shogan that he brought up which ticks almost every box for me - I await a price on Monday. Carcraft have agreed to buy my Rover for around 4-4.5K which is quite a good dela I think, so an appointment has been booked for next Saturday with them.
Today the weather was bizarre! The day started in glorious sunshine with me in my shirt sleeves and several boats went out for a beautiful spring cruise. I'm typing this now watching the last boat pull back in, crewed by 2 poor drowned rats and not even able to hear the TV over the hail and rain as the pictures above demonstrate!
Half way through my sunnday roast and the gas runs out, in the pouring rain - the joys of boat dwelling!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home