Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Been and gone.

OK, birthday been and gone for another year. Since my hernia operation 4 years ago, I have been getting occasional but repeated pains across my lower chest on the side of my op. Monday, I felt the first twinges re-ocurring and by yesterday evening I was in agony. This morning, I struggled into work and despite my head's best efforts in trying to fin dsupply cover for me this afternoon - he couldn't and so with the helpof lots of pain killers, I managed to just about get through the day. A doctors appointment has been booked for Friday to get it checked out, (no more, "Oh you've just sprained a muscle," rubbish please!) and this evening I feel a little better thanks to the drugs.

On and off, sunshine and rain today but there is a marked increase in the amount of traffic chugging along the Oxford Canal outside and most evenings now, I see a different boat moored up outside on their way North to South or South to North. This is a sure sign of the approach of summer.

The newly revamped website for Save Our Waterways is now online. There is anow a subscription of £5 per year to show your support. Worth it I feel. I was invited to the inaugral meeting at Staff. Boat Club this Saturday. I wouldlove to go to be honest but with a busy weekend last week, I feel like a more gently one this week and, if I'm honest, I'm a coward and want someone to go with! I would like to go to see exactly what gap they plan on filling and what role they plan on executing. As it stands at the moment, I see them as a very political organisation involved with 'business' of securing funding for the waterways. Vitally important but a little dry for my more 'hands on' taste, that's why I have subscribed but aren't over disappointed at not going on Saturday. I may be wrong though and wait with interest to see what the full constituation states.

2 Comments:

At 8:40 am, Blogger John and Fiona on nb Epiphany said...

Anyone intending to go to the inaugural meeting of SOW on Saturday will have missed it - it's on Thursday!

 
At 8:01 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

I suppose it's ironic that I posted this under the title 'been and gone' then! I don't know where I got Saturday from but I suppose it being during a mid week does confirm that there is no way I could have gone and so appeases my conscience somewhat. A mid week seems strange. Is SOW going to develop into a 'retired's only' organisation?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home