Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Last day.....

.....my lastday of the Easter break and I'm just starting back for the next 8 weeks as many schools are breaking up for the next 2! The routine of ironing has already started again.

My weather station arrived today. I got a phone call from DHL to say they were trying to deliver it to a school address and no-one was there, do I have an alternative address in the area. How's that for service? Spent the afternoon setting it up and so far I seem to have a good wireless signal from the sensors on the roof...



....to the control panel inside my back cabin....
Very pleased with it so far. Although the sensors look ugly, the board will eventually be painted green and the whole lot lifts off the roof. The wind cups also lift off if I wish.
Finalised the details for Khayamanzi's big May maintenance malarky! Confirmed the dates and the work list which now includes:

  • Hull blacking
  • Anodes replaced
  • Tiller bearing replaced or whatever it takes to stop it leaking!
  • Prop protector fitted

I'm going to purchase the Prop protector and Rose Narrowboats will fit it so I have to get my hand down the weed hatch again some time to take measurements before I order it. Anyone with any experience of these - your comments are welcomed!

Right now, I'm off to russle up something vaguely exciting for dinner before settling in for a relaxing evening before school tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home