Monday, April 07, 2008

The wrong side of 35!

As of tomorrow, I am officially nearer to 40 than I am to 30! Help, how time flies. Boy, do I feel old? I am determined to have a mid life crisis soon and do something mad - not sure what yet, I just feel I need an excuse....

I have, for some time been looking for a new car, may be that will be it - I just can't afford it yet. I'm looking for a nice 4X4 - something useful down these country lanes I now live in, something practical to chuck the dog in and the odd bag of coal, drum of diesel or bottle of gas, something fun and yet still stylish and a little bit opulant - any suggestions!??

Tomorrow, I have a visit at school from Rugby Reptiles! I have booked them to visit with a few snakes and reptiles tovisit my Eco-School kids - should be interesting!

5 Comments:

At 10:33 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'm the right side of 50!!

Have a good day...

 
At 2:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if your Ecoschool kids will be impressed by a gas guzzling 4x4? Something like a Skoda Roomster will be more practical and environmentally friendly.

Cheers, Mukiwa

 
At 7:24 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

An interesting comment and unless written with toungue firmly in cheek, another classic case of media manipulation!

I currently drive a 2.0 litre diesel, turbo Rover but it's not a 4X4 so it's OK! The media portrays the 'gas guzzling' 4X4's as the £35,000 plus BMW or Mercedes and everyone looks at all 4X4's as the same! Most of the vehicles I would be looking at have engine sizes the same as my current car!

I appreciate fully that the huge 'Chelsea tractors' used as status symbols are completely unnecessary but without detailing the full details of my lifestyle, others are not able to decide if a 4X4 is necessary for me or not - I know it would be extremely useful in some situations I find myself in.

Now, I could start on the whole issue of people viewing teachers as some sort of perfect 'up on a pedestal' super being who leads lifestyles as if they are still 11 years old but I won't as most people understand that teachers are also human and do have their own life outside of school!

Rant over- LOL!

 
At 7:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love keeping up with your blog!!it makes a good read...4x4 ? have a look at pajeros..jap inports better speck and good on diesel not huge but practical in your situ
pajman

 
At 8:18 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Thanks Pajman. Glad you enjoy the blog. Thanks for the Jap advice - actually, several people have said this so I think that might be the right direction. Haven't seent he Pajeros so I'll take a look. Size doesn't matter, (!) just practical and fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home