Sunday, July 29, 2007

More sunshine and an epic journey!


Woke up this morning and the sun was shining again, (wow - 2 days on the trot!) A lazy start to the day as Steve had to take a taxi back to the marina to collect his car. It was good to know that the journey was 45 mins. I've been travelling for about 3 days and all too often you discover that you're only just round the corner by road. I'm beginning to feel that I'm actually away from home on a holiday!
Steve was going to the Lake District for a camping break but spent much of the morning phoning all the hire companies in an attempt to find a cancellation hire boat in the area to follow me around. That would have been fun but unfortunately the only one available was snapped up while he was off the phone deciding!
By the time he left, it was too late for me to go any distance as the next few miles or so are hauling through Armitage and Rugeley and I didn't fancy mooring in the middle of them so I simply threw the boat through the next lock, round the corner and moored up at the far end of Ravenshaw Woods just before King's Bromley Marina. (See picture,) Itwas nice to have a leisurely day cooking my traditional roast pork dinner, which is just finishing off now whilst a bottle of Australian Chardonnay chills in the fridge!
Tomorrow, I plan to get through the narrows and tunnel at Armitage and through Rugeley on my way towards Tixell Wide for a day or 2 before tracking up to Stone where I should be meeting my father on Thursday. I will then be 'crewed' again for the trip up to Anderton and/or the Rochdale Canal into Yorkshire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home