Sunday, October 26, 2008

Day 002

A lazy start to the day. The rain hadn't stopped all night and was still going strong into the early morning so a full fried breakfast was in order. Steve on K2 set off at 10.40 to turn before passing us on his way back to Brinklow.
We continued on with the rain easing and the sun attempting to come out until reaching Atherstone.
An uneventful but enjoyable passage down the flight with even the sun smiling on us all the way - a first for the Atherstone flight!
We continued chugging onwards until a setting sun and very chilly wind forced us to moor up just after Alvecote at 4.30.
An hours attempt at a satellite signal and I finally gave up and hoisted the trusty aerial. I have ITV clearly which is all I need this evening for Frost!
Tomorrow we head through Tamworth and Glascote towards the 2 junctions. My apologies for small pictures while I'm away but relying on my faithful mobile and a couple of bars of 3G I felt reducing the images might take me less time with the evenings ritual of 'blog posting'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home