Thursday, September 25, 2008

Watch this space....

I've taken the first tentative steps to re-living an earlier passion of mine! As a child, I was encouraged to learn a musical instrument as many children are. Being 'different' I wanted to learn something different and a vinyl LP given to me called 'accordions round the Antipodes' confirmed for me - I wanted to learn the accordion! Weekly lessons were organised and I even began climbing up the grade ladder. Here is a much younger 'me' with my half size first accordion.
I then progressed to a full size machine and my playing improved before finally giving up in those rebellious teenage years! I think I still have my full size machine int he attic in London and my father promised some time back, (probably rashly!) that he would get it fixed if I ever wanted to start again - well, now I do!

I have found a teacher who sounds lovely and is willing to take me on. She only lives in the next village so all I need now is a working accordion! One of these will do....

As soon as I can get a working machine, I shall start lessons so watch this space.....

Thanks to Accordions of Coventry for finding me a teacher and hopefully either repairing my old machine or hiring/selling me a new/used one!

2 Comments:

At 7:52 am, Blogger Nb Yarwood said...

Best of luck with the lessons Andy - will you be performing at the Brinklow Marina Hoe Downs in future?

 
At 8:05 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Thanks! I think it may be in the very distant future before I can perform anywhere near public - at least, without them wearing ear plugs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home