Friday, September 26, 2008

Come to daddy!

Well, my father has returned home from Israel and has already been up the attic to fish out my old accordion! Doesn't she look pretty...
....just waiting to be played! In fact I phoned dad while he was round a friends house who is an accomplished accordionist and was checking her over for me - she sounds lovely! Apparently the reeds are metal and so don't need tuning, the bellows are in very sound condition and all I need to do is get her to me somehow. It may have to wait until half term unless anyone happens to be going near south west London and then on to Rugby in the next few weeks!!

Lessons will start as soon as I get the machine up to me. In the meantime, take a look at the video below to see why I like the accordion. OK, it's a Roland FR-7, the brand new digital machines worth £2.5K but hey, I can dream!

The forecast for the weekend is good - two good weekends in a row; what's going on? Shopping beckons along with a possible visit to Accordions of Coventry just for the interest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home