Thursday, August 27, 2009

London calling!

Monday saw me travel down to London to my father's house to spend some time with Fleur and catch some shows - our favourate past-time! I arrived on monday and early Tuesday morning my father travelled up to Rugby to spend a few days with my brother on K2, (I will leave his blog to tell you about that trip!) Tuesday evening saw us in town watching Sister Act - the musical.
A good show but not the greatest! I think Fleur enjoyed it more than me. The humour was less funny than in the films and at times quite slap-dashed but the acting was good, the stage set was spectacular and it was very entertaining none-the-less.
Last night we made up for it however! For all the theatre going we do, neither of us had ever seen Phantom of the Opera so we saw that last night!
WOW! The most mesmerising show we have ever seen. A 100% standing ovation at the end and I defy anyone to watch it and not be on their feet by the end. The storyline is, of course, fantastic, the stage scenes incredible, the effects amazing but the acting was phenomenal with such passion and energy - a total must see for everyone before they die!
Today we had a day off before tomorrow evening we go to see Stomp!
There's the possibility of seeing Les Miserables on Saturday but we're not sure yet if that will work!

3 Comments:

At 3:26 pm, Blogger D Baynham said...

A couple of weeks ago I went to London Village and saw Wicked, if you are thinking of going back I heartily recommend it one of the best shows I have seen, and I have seen a few

 
At 4:33 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Thanks for that Dave. Unfortunately it's Les Mis tonight and then home tomorrow so Wicked might have to wait until next time!

 
At 9:01 am, Blogger D Baynham said...

I have seen Les Mis twice and I have to say it is my favourite musical, I always cry throughout it and I don't care. I just love the music and passion of storey and the wonderful music.

But Wicked is worth it if you have to venture down to London Village again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home