Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Almost home!

Set off this morning at 6.00! The rain and rib injury I sustained whilst falling in the other week kept me awake. I wanted the get back home ASAP now so it seemed to make sense. I love slipping my moorings and creeping past everyone else still asleep! A very uninteresting day really. 6 boats queuing at Fradley but by the time I left the locks there was 8 behind me.
Is this the smallest traditional narrowboat in the country?
On to Glascotte Locks. Not to be outdone by Andrew Denny, I too got a guided tour of the fascinating history behind the lock cottage and even managed to get more than just a foot of the owner who is proudly holding his latest brick collection addition; I am proud to say, it's a London brick! I must apologies to Lesley who was very confused about this 'Mary Celeste' floating in the lock when I eventually emerged from the lock cottage - sorry for holding you up!

Anyway, I pushed on finally mooring at 7.00pm at Atherstone ready to tackle the flight tomorrow - I may even be home tomorrow!

2 Comments:

At 10:24 pm, Anonymous Paul I. Pearce said...

Hi Andy thanks for your time and the mention about Bottom lock Cottage (circa 1785) Lock 2 or is it 13 I dont think I mentioned the double numbers on our lock. next time you are passing,I'd love a brick for my collection. I'm not fussed whose brick it is and duplicates are also welcomed. But don't demolish any walls to get a brick for my collection!

Best wishes Paul
(The Brick-balloon man-Tamworth.

 
At 6:02 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi Paul and thanks for showing me. It was great to see you and to see the hidden history in your garden.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home