Monday, August 10, 2009

Crew lost!

Set off this morning after a full fried breakfast and headed towards the end of the Macclesfield. En route, it was a pleasure as always to meet the crews of NB Caxton:
Eventually we arrived at Harecastle Tunnel as boat number 5. The BW tunnel keeper promptly instructed us to double breast up with NB Page - NB Page turned out to be our new 'friends' from yesterday!! How ironic. Anyway we made polite conversation and they reciprocated which broke the ice and determined an uncommunicated truce. We also discovered that they moor in Rugby and work in the town moving their boat every 14 days around the area - Ummmm! I wonder if the girls also attend one of the local secondary schools - I know almost all the deputies and heads of them!!
The passage was navigated without incident and the inside of Harecastle seemed positively cavenous after Standedge!
The arrival of Khayamanzi at Westport Lakes meant that my father 'jumped ship' but his friend Clive who had ferried my father's car up, (following?) came on board and helped crew me through Stoke to my fianl mooring hre at Barlaston just above the Plume of Feathers. Clive has now left me and I'm back to the rest of the trip on my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home