Sunday, July 26, 2009

Nearer to Preston Brook

Last nights BBQ was lovely! Only a few spots of rain but it didn't stop us and the end of the BBQ saw this scene!
It was getting chilly and in true boating style, the BBQ was being raised 'Pheonix like' into a brazier! It worked and this was the end result!

Rain, rain and more rain today! What a surprise!! Set off this morning in the rain and headed slowly towards King's Lock and Middlewich. Apart from queueing behind 3 boats at every lock en route, there was very little traffic about - probably due to the weather. Through Kings Lock and on towards the Anderton Boat Lift.
From here on, it was new territory for us and it was nice to see glimpses of the Anderton and Weaver as we passed on through. A very happy summer was spent in 2007 on the Weaver and we both agreed, we could quite happily make a return visit.
Our final mooring is just before bridge 211 almost Midway between Saltersford Tunnel and Preston Brook tunnel.
18 miles and 9 locks today - all in the rain. My brother phoned to inform me that he was watching the sun setting over the beach with a cool sea breeze blowing across the pool in 35 degree+ temperatures on holiday in Cyprus. To prove it, this phone picture arrived!
The caption read, "Thought you might like this"!
I returned this picture:
My caption read, "Thought you might like this - to cool you down!"
An interesting comparison to finish with! Zooming in on the River Weaver with my camera and on maximum digital zoom I took this picture from the back deck of Khayamanzi moored on the Trent & Mersey:
I knew I remembered it so hunted back through my 2007 pictures. Here is the same wreck taken in 2007 from Khayamanzi as we pased it on the River Weaver!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home