Wednesday, August 01, 2007

An eventful day!

Quite an exciting day all in all! Set off this morning and stopped for diesel, pump out, rubbish disposal and water at Anglo Welsh. Onwards to Stone for the night, passing by Laplander in full steam although moored up and 'burring' when I passed.
On entering Stone, I grabbed a quick shot of the 'welcome to Stone' sign and it was only when I downloaded them just now that I noticed the gentleman to the right. 'Welcome to Stone' - I think he might have been!!
On through the interesting gongoozling locks that rise up right in the middle of the pub beer garden and passing by The famous NB Phyllis May owned by the Darlingtons of 'Narrow Dog' fame.
Emerging from the last of the locks for today and a very smart boat could be seen with the name 'Hadar' displayed on her cabin sides. Long before I was noticed, I noticed her resplendent in her new livery. A delayed reaction of 'it's Andy!' signalled the notice of my arrival. I first met the proud owners of NB Hadar at Tixall Wide a year ago and have followed the exciting development of this boat ever since. Well worth a read is their blog, and well worth a look is their boat!
I must confirm that the friends afloat website, to which I referred to last night, is set up as a public site. My initial impressions of the site being rather 'closed' are not correct and everyone is welcome to join - I'm off to do so right now!
Anyway, although moored in the 'not so' salubrious surroundings of the industrial estates of Stone, I am enjoying 5 bars of UMTS signal meaning I am running so many applications at the same time, I simply can't keep up!
I do have a good satellite signal this evening so may be able to catch up with the news and I only plan the one night here as tomorrow, I travel down to Barlaston to rendezvous with my father for the remaining onward trip.

6 Comments:

At 9:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy, the photos on your blog look like they'll open larger when clicked - the cursor changes to a hand when over them - but nothing happens? You might want to look at that.
Hope the flowers were intact this morning? We lost our roof garden in Stone last summer!
Martin.

 
At 1:33 pm, Blogger Keith Lodge said...

Hi Andy.
It was so nice to see you yesterday. Amazing huh to think it was almost a year ago we first met up, how the time flies.
The next time we see you, we should be cruising "Hadar". You and Simba will have to come aboard for a cuppa and a real natter.
The picture is lovely I have saved that one. I will make keith wear a shirt next time hahaha.
Have a wonderful summer out cruising.... Jo

 
At 8:13 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi there Jo, it was great to see you both too. I wouldlove to come on board and have a cuppa anda proper nosey at Hadar! I thought after I left, it would have been nice to see inside but wasn't really in a position to stop. Maybe we'll meet again at Tixall sometime.

 
At 8:17 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi Martin, thanks for that. for some strange reason they all do open into a larger picture except for that last post! Not quite sure why but I'll keep an eye on it. Sorry to hear about your garden experience but I can confirm mine is till fine and intact!

 
At 3:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy I certainly hope we do meet up again before to long. if we come your way and see you are in the marina we may come and knock on your door hahaha.
Have a fantastic trip, just think of the muscles you will have after doing all those locks hahaha. I did 243 last year so come on you can surely do it..
Take good care of yourself.
Jo

 
At 9:55 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

243 locks - in what period, a couple of months! LOL!

Seriously, if you're ever passing Brinklow Marina, please do pop in - the kettle's always on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home