Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Hapy birthday to me!

I have a smart new door to my railway shed! I got a guy from the marina to replace the rotten wooden door and frame for me and this picture was texted to me this afternoon! It now just needs a lick of paint and it will be smart, in fact I plan to paint the whole shed a dark subdued green at some point to make it blend in a little more and weather permitting, these jobs may be done on my return.

Wow, 3 days in a row and an internet connection on the canals - this must be a record, especially as I've also had a satellite signal 3 days in a row!!


I see BW are taking unlicensed boats increasingly more seriously! Maybe this will, at last, take an effect on the shere numbers we've passed this past few days.....

Still, we have a beautiful mooring spot this evening - just past the wide at Tixell. Moored up in lovely sunshine.

We're making quite headway with our training to get Simba to start working for his living - he's beginning to be able to help push the gates open. The next task is to send him on ahead with a windlass.



It was good to see at Fradley Junction that we're being well looked after by the BW H&S department. I did tell the guy in the white van who was installing them that he'd got it wrong. I asked if he could flatten the tops of them so that my beer didn't fall off when I put the glass on them whilst locking through; I think he saw the funny side!!


Spring is here at last, (perhaps!) Although the weather stayed dry all day the wind was a fierce feature that meant steering was very hard and I have ended up very windswept! Apparently that's it though - we have torrential rain from here on. Still, I spotted the first family of ducklings.

Passing Streathay Wharf and a tip-off menat that I was ready with the camera to spot the back end of Granny Buttons! No Andrew Denny around but work was clearly happening on the 'good ship Granny'!


OK, well, now I'm off to get a birthday dinner - spag. bol. with an M&S birthday cake to follow. If the weather really is that bad tomorrow - we may just stay put and build some railway model buildings!

10 Comments:

At 7:15 pm, Anonymous Debbie said...

Happy Birthday! With Best Wishes from a new reader of your Blog, Debbie, John and Bobby the Dog, Nb Tickety Boo. Hope you are having a nice sunny end to your day as we are.

 
At 7:42 pm, Blogger D Baynham said...

Happy Birthday Andrew, I hope you have a drink or 10 this evening.

 
At 8:30 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi there and welcome to the blog. Many thanks for your good wishes. I think we passed you - I recall the name!

Here's to more sunny days over Easter!

 
At 8:32 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Thanks Davie B. I might just do that you know!

 
At 12:20 am, Blogger grey wolf said...

I think the sunken boat is an old wooden boat mentioned in the forum of being of historic significance, it being an old wooden Walton.
Uh and Happy Birthday11

 
At 10:09 am, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Thanks Grey wolf. Iknow appearances can be deceptive but this certainly didn't look historic! May be it's historic from the pleasure boat days, (with modern modifications,) but not from the working boat days. I started boating in boats like that so don't consider it historic - sorry to the purists but for me, historic has to be at least 50 years old!

 
At 1:09 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Andy, Many best wishes from a cold and wet west coast holiday spot!! Glad to see that BW hasn't moved the sunken boat, all the best for the rest of the trip to the north west.

Don

 
At 5:47 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi Don and thanks - it feels like the cold and wet west coast here right now!

 
At 9:17 pm, Anonymous Debbie said...

Hi Andy, just read your comments, you welcomed me as a new reader after I wished you a Happy Birthday. You also said you may have passed us as you recognised the name of the Boat. It must be another boat with same name [Good choice!] either that or your boat has a turbo booster as we are in Lydiate, Liverpool! Take care, oh and hi to your Dad. Debbie Nb Tickety Boo.

 
At 6:23 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi Debbie - Oh OK then, it obviously wasn't you! I'll keep an eye out on the way back home as I'm sure I saw a boat with that name so I'll post a picture if I'm right!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home