Monday, October 06, 2008

Survived!

I now know exactly how my kids feel! I've been scared stiff all day about my first accordion lesson tonight. I needn't have been however - it was fantastic! My teacher is so supportive and lovely. It's amazing how much comes back and although still on very simple tunes - I can at least, play them; I think my neighbours are already sick of 'Skating'! The only problem being one of the bass buttons that decided to disappear inside the machine and leave a large gaping hole. I'm going to ring 'Accordions of Coventry' tomorrow and try and get it booked in for a full service.

Now I've just got to survive French lessons on Wednesday!

2 Comments:

At 8:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done getting to grips with the accordian. I would alsd like to learn, do you have any suggestions re. lessons etc. I should perhaps add that I don't have a piano accordian but a two button one.

Regards

Jim

 
At 9:03 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi Jim and thanks for the encouragement. I have to say, my teacher is so encouraging and supportive and I think that makes a difference. It's amazing really as accordion teachers are very hard to find. Try Googling things like 'accordion lessons in ????' I first found the accordion shop in Coventry and thy put me in touch with my teacher.

Go for it and let me know how you get on! Email me at khayamanzi@ukcanal.org if I can help any more in any way.
Kind regards,
Andy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home