Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Last day out!

This morning was cold - very cold; grey and hazy to boot!
We set off for Atherstone and arrived in good time. Not a single boat on the entire flight and every lock was in our favour - the whole flight was completed in 1 hour and 50mins! Onwards and upwards with the plan to moor at Sutton's Stop for a roast chicken dinner - best laid plans again!

I have never in my life seen so many boats moored there! I realise now why we didn't pass a single boat from Atherstone to the turn - they were all moored at the turn! We were forced to continue and finally moored just before bridge 11 opposite a farm. We haven't got much water and need to use the blank as you can see and we have a constant roar of the M6 nearby but it will do us for the night and the roast chicken dinner more than made up for it!

Tomorrow we head back in. Only about an hour and a half and we're home. I then need to get a pump-out and lots of diesel, (unfortunately not at Wheaton Aston prices!) before settling back in and spending a day or two in the railway shed. Sorry boaters - the next few blogs will probably be railway based again!!
An finally for tonights historical offering. What was called 'Napton Marina' on the slide - 1979!

2 Comments:

At 9:08 am, Blogger D Baynham said...

I have your loved blogs about your trip. Last year a guy tried to go past another boat and mine into a lock at Stone, I asked what he thought he was doing. He said we were moored up!!!! I said ne were not we were waiting our turn, I said wait your turn like everyone else...he said it would take ages to untie us and get in the lock. I said no it wont he would have a 10 to 15 minute wait and if he was in such a hurry to get somewhere to moor up and take a taxi.

 
At 2:13 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Glad you liked the posts. Unbelievable isn't it! It takes all sorts I guess.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home